Labels

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Love and Hate

We all have things in our lives we love to hate.  But what about those things we love AND hate at the same time?  I was thinking of some today, and here they are, in no particular order. 

Love: Eating chocolate chips at night.
Hate: Stepping on the scale the following morning.

Love: Having the kids happily and eagerly pick up their toys.
Hate: The hour of fighting, cajoling, and putting toys in garbage bags in the basement before that happens.

Love: The kids playing happily together.
Hate: Walking into their room to observe them playing only to be met by a scene of destruction rivaling the bombing of London.

Love: A well-kept lawn and gardens.
Hate: The fact that I will have to relocate over a dozen trees and woody ornamentals to make that dream a reality.

Love: Bedtime (for the kids!).
Hate: The hour (sometimes 2 or 3!) leading up to bedtime.

Love: Bedtime (for me!).
Hate: That it doesn't come sooner.

Love: Big hairy dogs.
Hate: Trying to control the result of two big, hairy dogs perpetually shedding.

Love: Going on vacation.
Hate: Preparing to go on vacation (READ: laundry, dishes, packing, cleaning, lining up fish-sitter, mail-collector . . . ).

Love: Having a job that enables me to write off a significant portion of my vacation.
Hate:  I guess I could say it stinks to have to work on vacation, but since I'm hoping to visit a farm that does team penning, a vineyard that makes 100% pumpkin wine, and a farm named after the Lion of Judah, I can't really put my heart into it!  Who wouldn't want to go to those places???

Love:  Blogging.
Hate: That there aren't more hours in my day for that kind of writing.

Love: My blogging audience.
Hate: That I don't know who many of you are.  You can help me with that . . . who is reading in South Korea, for example?  And Russia?  And Poland?  And there are far more US readers than I can figure. 

I salute you all! 


No comments:

Post a Comment