Labels

Monday, April 4, 2016

So I want to be a blogger . . .

So, I'm starting a blog!  In a time of my life when all things are topsy-turvy, it seems a reasonable thing to do.  I'm calling my blog "Storm Songs," because that is how I feel about my life right now.  It is stormy.  It is turbulent.  It is uncertain.  It is musical, lyrical, delightful.

I am reminded of the story behind the hymn "It is Well With My Soul."  The writer, Horatio Spafford, sent his wife and daughters (he had already lost a son at age 2) to Europe.  The ship sank after an at-sea collision.  His wife sent him a telegram: "Saved alone . . . "  He set sail to be with her and penned the words to the hymn as he passed near the spot of the collision.

My mother and I have sung that hymn as a duet many times: in church, at funerals, at concerts.  It is one of my favorite hymns.  And each time I am awed at a man whose trust in God was so complete that in his greatest grief, he was indeed WELL.

And so am I.

So at the beginning I dedicate this blog to everyone who is in the midst of, has been saved out of, or will one day face one of life's storms.  (Oh, I guess that's all of us!)  I pray that together, each day, we will find deep in our souls, a song. 

P.S.  A special thanks to my mom who helped me come up with the name of my blog--Moms are the greatest!

No comments:

Post a Comment