Labels

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Spring Has Sprung!

I.  LOVE.  Spring.  

I know I've mentioned that before on this forum, but there are some things that bear repeating.  And so it is that I sit down to compose a top ten list of things I love about Spring.
  1. Everything over 50 degrees feels warm!  (This is especially important to someone who adds wood to the fire if it dips below 70.)
  2. You can walk around outside in your bare feet without risk of frostbite.  (No, I never got frostbite, but I have been known to walk in the snow barefoot to bring in a certain blind, deaf dog . . .)
  3. You can convince yourself that sitting in a flower bed pulling weeds is exercise.  (Fine motor skills, anyone?)
  4. Hauling wheelbarrows of lawn debris to the back pasture really is exercise.  (Especially if you fill the wheelbarrow with firewood for next winter on the return trip and stack it by the house!)
  5. Baseball.  (Really, must I say more?)
  6. Bubbles.  (I know you can blow bubbles anytime, but it's more fun outside in the spring . . . and neater than having to wash the living room floor after your toddler spills the entire bottle!)
  7. Outdoor playdates in the neighbor's fenced-in yard, munching cookies and drinking coffee . . . until a brawl breaks out and one little boy goes home in disgrace . . . !
  8. Filmy curtains gently swaying with every whisper of a breeze that finds its way through the wide-open windows.  I don't know.  It just makes me happy.  
  9. Driving with the windows down and the sunroof open . . . and no sign of a jacket, scarf, or hat anywhere! 
  10. COLOR!  Oh, my goodness, does it feel good to see color!  I feel like Dorothy stepping out of her house into Munchkin Land!  Yellow daffodils!  Purple grape hyacinths!  White little flower things that my future ex planted and I have no idea what they are but like them anyway!  GREEN!!!  Grass and leaves and weeds . . . yes, I'm even grateful for green weeds!  (Refer to #3 above!)  
So, that's my short list of lovely spring stuff.  What's yours?  I'm tempted to offer a reward for the first post on this topic (Duane already got a gold star!).  The problem is I can't afford a reward.  Settle for an "atta boy" on Facebook?!)   








3 comments:

  1. I love gold stars! I bought a gross of Star stickers with my first paycheck when I was 14. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love gold stars! I bought a gross of Star stickers with my first paycheck when I was 14. hehehe

    ReplyDelete