Labels

Friday, July 15, 2016

Happy Anniversary?

Yesterday, on the one-week anniversary of my divorce, I:
  • Scheduled an emergency trip to the eye doctor after my son bent the arm of his glasses by slamming a book on them
  • Took two dogs and two children to the vet (all without shoes because the ones who should have been wearing them left the house without them after I told them to put them on 3 times, and I refused to turn around and let them put them on . . . lesson learned?)  
  • Held my dogs for the vet, each quiet during their own examination but howling like dervishes during the other's exam . . . can't tell you why, can only say it is VERY annoying!
  • Spent $400 dollars on canine wellness visits, flea/tick preventative, rabies shots, and the like...nearly swooned at the bill.  
  • Came home and actually went in the pool--first time this season--long enough for black clouds to move in and begin pelting us with rain.  
  • Let the kids watch National Velvet while I made lunch.  
  • Served lunch, only to have my son refuse to eat and choose bed instead.  
  • Read kids "princess" story (a Cinderella knock-off about the "perfect wedding" . . . can I just say it took everything within me not to gag?!).  
  • Gave up on naps after an hour and dragged kids to Wal-Mart for essentials like Pull-Ups, watermelon, and color ink cartridges.  
  • Earned 50 cents on Ibotta for the watermelon and was entered to win a shopping spree on Checkout 51. 
  • Went to the eye doctor.  Read Stellaluna to my kids for the dozenth time.  Eye doctor managed to salvage eye glasses...for the moment.  Was informed that the backup pair I ordered from Zenni has a 50% chance of arriving with the wrong prescription.  Yippee.  (Wish I could have seen into the future and known the child would rip the arm off his repaired pair today . . . I would have just given in and bought the several hundred-dollar pair of pretzel glasses...first thing Monday morning . . . !)  
  • Came home and rush-prepared for my final VBS meeting before the actual event.  
  • Barely spoke to ex when he came for Daddy Day.  Am struggling with the whole being cordial thing . . . life is a bit overwhelming right now, and I confess I blame much of it on him.  
  • Sobbed like crazy the entire 45-minute car ride to VBS meeting.  Can't imagine what other drivers were thinking.  Don't really care.  
  • Ran VBS meeting . . . started to panic . . . it'll be okay . . . won't it?
  • Listened to VBS music on the way home, felt guilty about the raging hatred I feel for my ex.  Prayed.  
  • Came in slightly less hateful.  
  • Thought about writing this blog, and just couldn't do it.  Read a book instead and went to bed.  
Am praying for one sunrise-to-sunset GOOD day . . . with play and fun and happiness and without stress and tantrums and work . . . I seem to think I used to have those once upon a time . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment